September 21, 2006

✿Macrobiotic Cooking Class


I was my first time in cooking class, Mocrobiotic Cooking with Japanese instructor. 
(photo) Making pumpkin croquettes by four people. My part was to put bread crumbs around them. While I was taking photo, someone was doing my part. oops, sorry...!

 Flying the croquettes to the golden brown. My part was to watch!


 The class was about 10 students.

Menus were: brown rice (with millet, kinua, amaranth, roasted buckwheat, blackrice, blackbeans), corn chowder, pumpkin croquettes, marinated mushrooms salad.

The way instructor Yukie sensei teach Macrobiotic Cooking does not follow general Macrobiotic Cooking too strict. General Macrobiotic cooking, you can not have soy milk but her recipe of corn chowder has soy milk in it. I would call my Macrobiotic Cooking as "Mild Macrobiotic Cooking". She said, it's important to not to stress out of what you are cooking by following the rules too much. Well, I agree with that....

 Black bean cake "Anko" dessert called "mizu yo-kan".

It was such a great opportunity for me to meet those people who are intersted in Macrobiotic Cooking and learn more about it from them. It was also fun to chat with Japanese house wives in different ages.  Yes, I was the only one not married... hahaha... I really want to learn how to eat healthy and this class was just a step to my healthy eating...