September 01, 2011

✿SFMOMA

A few weeks ago, I went to SF MOMA to see The Steins Collect with my friend, Serra.  
American, the Steins and his family who lived in Paris were among the first to recognize the talents of Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso. 
It was really big collection that took so many sections of the museum with tons of Matisse and Picasso art works.  

There was a section for cubism was and there were maybe 6 or 8 small picasso paintings that shows process of how cubism works.
I was surprised to see Hokusai's art work in the collection as well.  

My favorite  one was "Group of Artists" from Marie Laurencin.
I will talk about her next time.

This exhibition ends in a few days so if you haven't chance to see them, I highly recommend it !


THE STEINS COLLECT


MATISSE, PICASSO, AND THE PARISIAN AVANT-GARDE

The Steins Collect
Henri Matisse, Femme au chapeau (Woman with a Hat), 1905; oil on canvas; Collection SFMOMA, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Bequest of Elise S. Haas; © Succession H. Matisse / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York